Thursday, November 13, 2008

Grenades and Insight

All week, I've been thinking of these last few days like a soldier whose been given leave.  You know the story...he or she is really excited about going home to partner and family and then steps on the grenade.  BAM!  That's that.  

Well, apparently without my knowledge (but isn't that always how it goes?) I've stepped on the grenade.  I checked the makeup class list and guess what?  My name is on there.  I can't friggin believe it.  The LAST thing in the world I want to do is one more class.  So I checked with the person who is in charge of the lists, and she said that I forgot to sign in earlier this week.  Frankly I find that hard to believe, as I have a system -- I NEVER cross the path of the sign in table without adding my name.  There's definitely a part of me that thinks that perhaps my name is mistakenly still on there from last week.  I've been stewing about it for a good part of the afternoon, simply pissed.  But then when I was still irked in afternoon class, I realized that I've been bothered by it for much longer than the 90 minutes it will take to do the makeup class.  

So, I'm going to put down the  anger and frustration and just do the class.  In the grand scheme of things, 90 minutes (plus the prep time, but hey -- who's counting?) is a small amount of time and effort, so I'll do it.  Not exactly happily, not grudgingly, I'm simply going to do it.  

The aches and pains in my knees, hips, hamstrings and even my fingers are back with a vengeance, but hey -- that too will pass.  

So time for a quick shower, some food and then the final lecture from Bikram.  This has been a very long week.

Love to all.  Lucille

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hey just got a chance to catch up on your life...Almost done!!! YOU CAN DO IT AND WE ARE PROUD OF YOU. See you soon enjoy the sunsets. Toni passed her defense with flying colors. It was great to watch.