Saturday, November 8, 2008

Eight Weeks Down, One to Go

We had another long lecture last night -- I think we went until after 1am.  By the time I left the lecture hall, I was a zombie.  Still tired from the dehydration.  and I didn't help it earlier in the day -- after morning class yesterday, one of the studio owners from NYC offered to buy us all a coconut.  They are really healthy for you; the juice inside can revitalize.  The only problem is that we had to walk a way down the beach for them, and then stand in line for about a half hour.  Then after I drank my coconut juice, I again stood in line to get it chopped up so I could eat the meat.  Great coconut juice, bad sunburn.   I can't believe I did that.  I've been so careful and then at the worst possible time, I get a burn.  

Just came back from my second yoga class of the day, my 13th class of the week.  Am absolutely wiped out, plan to spend a good deal of time this afternoon sleeping.  I have very mixed feelings right now.  Am definitely exhausted, and frankly feeling not so excited about yoga in general.  It might be a function of the exhaustion, or perhaps a little too much of a good thing.  Even so, I'm hoping that next week, we'll feel a little more psyched up about Bikram, about teaching, and about life.  I don't want to leave here feeling overly tired or down.  

Ok, time for a nap.  Might go into town this afternoon, so I want to get some rest beforehand.

Love to all.  

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Lucille - what an accomplishment - you are almost done. This has been a hard journey, but it seems that you will be getting benefits from it for a long-long time. CONGRATULATION. Linda