Tuesday, September 9, 2008

I love Bill and Sandy!

At Yoga Loka, there's a spot on the ceiling just by the crux of the wall, and over the last three years, I put in that spot my heartache and sorrow.  You see, at Bill and Sandy's studio, in nearly every savasana, I found a way to take the bad stuff out of my body and let it go into that place in the ceiling.  I didn't have to carry it around with me any more, and even though it sometimes came back, I always left the studio feeling better than I had when I walked in.   Over time, I didn't need to use it as often as I had, and even today, I took comfort knowing that spot was there if I needed it.  But I didn't.   

Bill is a tremendous yogi.  H
e was trained by Bikram in the early years, and has developed a wonderful balance between the physical and the meta-physical.  His classes are truly a meditation and he makes me laugh simply with his loving outlook.  
Sandy is a perfectionist in many ways.  She has really helped me to improve my poses, and has made corrections that no one else has.  I've become stronger because of Sandy and I always think of her when I create a cobra tail.  Sandy, I do work hard to keep my ankles together!!  

I owe a great deal of thanks to Bill, Sandy and the folks at Yoga Loka.  In that warm (ok, blistering hot) space, I found a way to heal myself.  And they have inspired me to create a similar environment where other people can find balance, strength and flexibility for their bodies, minds and souls. 

What could be better than that?  

1 comment:

Stacey said...

good luck lucy! i can't wait to hear about your experience and will keep you in mind while i'm trying not to suffer up in the corner.

stacey