Saturday, August 23, 2008

The Start of the Adventure

Well, here we go. It's August 23, and I leave on Sept 10 for Acapulco and 9 weeks of Bikram's Torture Chamber (that's really what he calls it). Those who have gone describe it as being harder than boot camp, but one of the most rewarding experiences of their life. Why in the world would I want to participate in such a thing? Well, over the last 3 years, I lost a lot of things -- my dad, my dog, my best friend, a guy, my mom, and more. I really identified myself as a person of loss and the thing that helped me to get past that, to process the grief and make myself something more and different, was Bikram Yoga. It's definitely a workout, but it's also a form of meditation. And I love it. It's my intention some day soon to have my own Bikram yoga studio and share this wonderful experience with others.

So the adventure begins.

No comments: